Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Wanna New Rug

One that my doggie doesn't want to pee on. Hmph.
I tried to new restaurant today. Not new in town, but new for me. It was okay. Menu limited. Service friendly. Kid happy with pizza, but no kids menu which is weird for South Bend. I had a chopped salad that was tasty and what you'd expect except for little teeny pasta tubes tossed in it. I didn't like it. They were probably listed in the ingredients but I didn't read much further than "chicken, blue cheese, bacon." Also, no bread or bread sticks which my ass does not need but my kid could have used. Luckily, I had a pen and some paper, drew an awesome airplane that impressed the kid, and the food arrived fast. Anyway, don't know if we'll be back to Trio's. They have jazz in the evenings, so maybe I will give it another go for date night.
Trying out the shoe hospital downtown. My Dior patent leather pumps need to be reheeled, and a strap is loose on my favorite metallic strappy sandals. I know all this because on Friday I am going to be in DC for a black tie event at the Four Seasons in Georgetown, put on by the Beckett Fund, and I need fancy shoes to go with my fancy dress. Anyway, shoes won't be ready until after my plane takes off from SBN. Will do one last dig around the closet and then will have to go emergency shoe shopping which is the WORST. Also have to find time for a pedicure. Oh! And speak of the devil, I have found the most amazing nail polish. It's Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure. Says it's got all the steps of a salon mani (base coat, top coat, primer, etc.) in one bottle. I have to say, I did my nails yesterday afternoon and I am impressed. Two coats gave me good color and glossy shine. My nails dried quickly and I didn't wake up with those sheet wrinkles you can get when you DIY late in the day. Anyway, 2 thumbs up, Sally! WTG.

No comments:

Post a Comment